Information We Collect
Information You Provide Us
When you register for a Dr.Tail account as a Pet Owner, you provide us with information about yourself, including but not limited to:
- Email address
You may choose to sign in using your Facebook, Google, and Apple account, in which case we collect your account ID, name, email and password.
You may provide us with information about your pet and veterinarian, including but not limited to:
- Pet characteristics (including but not limited to photo, name, birthday, age, species, breed, microchip ID, registration number, pedigree number, features, medical records and allergy information)
- Your veterinarian's practice name and contact information
- Your pet insurance plan and policy number
You may also provide us with contact information of other individuals, including your friends and family, whom you might invite to join the Services.Vet Registration Information
When you sign up for a Dr.Tail as a Vet, you provide us with information about yourself and your veterinary practice, including:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Practice name and location
- Veterinarian license number
- Information about your practice’s management software and contact information for deployment
If you make a purchase using a credit or debit card through the Services, your billing information will be collected by a third-party payment provider and not by us. We may collect contact information such as name and email in order to handle the purchase and offer customer support.Pet Medical Information
Pet Owners may provide us with information about their pet's medical records and appointments ("Pet Medical Information"), including copies of medical records and notes.Question Information
Pet Owners may provide us with information about their pets and such when asking questions to an online vet("Question Information").Client Information
We collect information about our Vets' clients ("Client Information") through our downloadable software tool, including:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Information about clients' pets
If you directly contact us or sign up to receive our newsletters, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Customer Service Team, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and any details you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically From Your Use of the Services
We may use this information, for example, to analyze and monitor the functionality of our Services, to determine the number of users that visit certain pages or open messages or newsletters, or to prevent fraud. We use IP addresses to derive your approximate location.
How We Use Your Information
We only use Client Information to send notifications and reminders to clients in accordance with our Vets' instructions.
The ways we may use the information we collect:
To operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of the Services, to create your user account, to provide services and information per your request, to complete your purchase, to reply to comments and questions, and to provide support to users in other ways.
To understand and analyze the usage trends and user preferences, to improve the Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
To contact you for administrative and informational purposes. This may include providing customer service or communicating with you for various reasons, including changes to our Services, terms, conditions, and policies, or other information.
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and sending out promotional and advertising materials or newsletters that may interest our users.
- To personalize your experience on our Services by offering products and features tailored to you.
- We may aggregate and analyze data collected through the Services to monitor and analyze the use of our Services and to improve functionality and offer personalization according to users’ needs.
- For business purposes, such as account verification, audits, security, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, fraud monitoring and prevention.
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other legal rights.
How We Share Your Information
We may disclose Pet Owner or Vet information that we collect through the Services in the following circumstances:
- To other Pet Owners, in accordance with your choices. If you choose to connect with other Pet Owners, we will share information you provided about your pet, including Pet Medical Information, with those Pet Owners.
- To Pet Owners' veterinarian, insurance company, family, or pet sitter, pet walker, etc, in accordance with your choices. If you choose to share medical records with a third party, we will share information you provided about your pet, including Pet Medical Information, with those third parties.
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, payment processing, identity verification, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, online advertising, auditing, and other services.
- To our advertising and marketing partners in order to promote our Services, including joint marketing partners and affiliates.
We may use third-party advertising companies to offer advertisements regarding products and services that may interest you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services, based on information relating to your access and use of the Services and other websites or online services. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags). To learn more about this practice, and to learn about your choices in connection with it, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising at www.aboutads.info, or the Network Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org.
- To a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use and disclose aggregate information that does not identify or otherwise relate to an individual for any purpose, unless we are prohibited from doing so under applicable law.
Third Party Services
We implement security measures designed to protect the integrity and security of information that we collect. However, please keep in mind that no security measures are 100% secure, and thus, we cannot and do not guarantee the absolute security of your data. It is important that you maintain the security and control of your account credentials, and do not share your password with someone else.
Your Choices and Access
From time to time, we send marketing e-mail messages to our users. If you no longer want to receive such emails, you may opt out of these messages by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link provided in each such email.
We may also send Pet Owners text (SMS) messages to the mobile phone number you provide. Standard message and data rates apply. You may opt out of receiving text messages at any time by replying STOP to any Dr.Tail text message you receive, or by sending an email to email@example.com indicating that you no longer wish to receive Dr.Tail texts along with the phone number of the mobile device receiving the messages. You may continue to receive text messages for a short period of time while we process your request, and you may also receive text messages confirming the receipt of your opt out request.
Use of Services by Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen(18), and we request that they not provide personal information through the Services.
International Cross-Border Data Transfer
Dr.Tail uses servers hosted in the United States. Please note that we may be transferring your information outside of your region for storage and processing in the United States and around the globe. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that differ from those of your country.
Dr.Tail, in accordance with The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), discloses the categories of Personal Information collected and how it is used, the categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information, and the third parties with whom we share Personal Information, as described above. Dr.Tail has collected Personal Information from the categories of sources described in the “Information You Provide Us” section.
Under California law, Dr.Tail is also required to inform information about the rights held by California residents.
California residents may exercise the following rights:
- The Right to Know and Access. You as a customer may submit a verifiable request for information regarding: (1) categories of Personal Information collected, used, or shared by Dr.Tail; (2) purposes for which Dr.Tail collects or uses specific categories of Personal Information; (3) categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected; (4) specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected from you.
- The Right to Equal Service. Dr.Tail does not discriminate against customers who choose to exercise privacy rights.
- The Right to Delete. You may submit a verifiable request to close your account, and Dr.Tail will delete any Personal Information collected from you.
To verify your identity when you submit a request, you will need to sign in to your password-protected account or respond to a verification request. Please see the “How We Share Your Information” section above for more information on these rights. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the Communications category in the “Information You Provide Us” section to exercise your rights. In addition to directly exercising these rights yourself, you may also choose to designate an authorized representative to make these requests on your behalf. To this end, Dr.Tail will send you a direct verification request via email or through your password-protected account.
Dr.Tail collects Personal Information in categories as described in the “Information You Provide Us” section. We have disclosed Personal Information in these categories for business purposes to pet parents, affiliates, advertising and marketing partners, service providers, and third parties on authority of your choice, as described in the “How We Share Your Information” section.
Dr.Tail uses and discloses Personal Information in these categories according to the business purposes described in the “How We Share Your Information” section. These aforementioned purposes include providing the Dr.Tail service, communicating with customers to provide updates or respond to feedback and inquiries, auditing our services, preventing fraud and detecting security incidents, debugging and correcting errors, managing customers’ accounts, providing customer service, fulfilling or processing customer orders, conducting research and development and other activities to improve our service, placing advertising, marketing our services, and understanding how users interact with our service.
Dr.Tail is committed to helping customers meet their data compliance obligations by providing convenient tools and privacy and security features through Dr.Tail’s services and contracts. You can find more information about corporate responsibility at the CCPA of the Attorney General of California’s website (https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa).