Q. tennis ball tore it up and ate it

Sat, Dec 17, 2022

I would say the size is one larger than a normal tennis ball
I cant tell if her or my golden doodle ate it or if they both did. The skin of the ball was already off so they essentially only ate the rubber after tearing it into tiny pieces. I was reading that peroxide could help get them to throw it up but i don't want to accidentally give them too much of that what would you recommend?

Create an account to access Dr. Deliman’s answer to this concern.

The vet's response to this question is only available to members of Dr.Tail Create a new account to access +100K cases in Dr.Tail.

  • 24/7 priority consultations
  • Analysis of the cause of the issue
  • Home treatments and care tips
  • Guidelines for vet visits
  • Vet experts matched to your needs
or continue with
Dr. Deliman

Thank you for using our service.

If your dog has ingested a tennis ball, it is important to seek veterinary care as soon as possible. The rubber from the ball can cause blockages in the intestines and potentially lead to serious complications. Ingesting a foreign object like a tennis ball can also lead to perforation or tearing of the intestinal lining, which can be life-threatening.

While peroxide can be used to induce vomiting in some cases, it is not always effective and can be dangerous if not used properly. In addition, giving peroxide to your dog without the guidance of a veterinarian can potentially cause more harm than good.

It is best to bring your dog to a veterinarian as soon as possible. The veterinarian will be able to assess the situation and determine the best course of action, which may include inducing vomiting, performing surgery, or providing supportive care.

If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to come back to us! Thank you.