Others
thumbnail
Parent803816
Thu, Mar 7, 2024

Winter ate a bunch of these allergy medicines tonight.


Create an account to access Dr. Miller’s answer to this concern.

The vet's response to this question is only available to members of Dr.Tail Create a new account to access +100K cases in Dr.Tail.

  • 24/7 priority consultations
  • Analysis of the cause of the issue
  • Home treatments and care tips
  • Guidelines for vet visits
  • Vet experts matched to your needs
or continue with
vet-thumbnail
ONLINE
Dr. Miller
Veterinarian

The product is formulated for dogs to help with skin-related issues due to seasonal allergies. It contains several active ingredients like Nettle Leaf Powder, Ocean Kelp, Citrus Bioflavonoid Complex, Quercetin, Perilla Seed Powder, Biotin, and Vitamin E.

These ingredients are generally considered safe for dogs when used in the recommended dosages. However, since your puppy took a large dose, it is important to monitor for any signs of overdose which can include gastrointestinal upset such as vomiting or diarrhea, lethargy, or an allergic reaction.

In mild cases, you might notice drowsiness or hyperactivity. If you notice any distress, such as difficulty breathing, excessive drooling, vomiting, diarrhea, or seizures, it's imperative to take her to an emergency veterinary clinic right away.

It's best to take her to the hospital. You may also want to contact the ASPCA Poison Control Hotline: (888) 426-4435

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to come back to us! Thank you.