Q. Sick

Dec 6, 2022

Ate chocolate

Create an account to access Dr. Deliman’s answer to this concern.

The vet's response to this question is only available to members of Dr.Tail Create a new account to access +100K cases in Dr.Tail.

  • 24/7 priority consultations
  • Analysis of the cause of the issue
  • Home treatments and care tips
  • Guidelines for vet visits
  • Vet experts matched to your needs
or continue with
Dr. Deliman

Thank you for using our service.

Because theobromine and caffeine are both present in chocolate, a pet should never eat anything related to chocolate. If she hasn’t eaten much and isn’t showing any signs of illness, it shouldn’t be a major concern. However, you must keep a close eye on her for the next 48 hours.
This is due to the fact that a pet’s susceptibility to ingesting harmful substances appears to be “individual.” Despite the fact that small amounts of chocolate appear to be harmless to some pets, other pets may be poisoned simply by licking. It is impossible to predict which pets will be more sensitive at this time.

As previously stated, she should be receiving decontamination in the ER at this time. However, because we are fully aware of the expense of the ER, keep a close eye on her at home for the next 48 hours. And if anything unusual occurs, go to the ER right away.

These are simple home remedies, but not solutions.
1. To induce vomiting, use less than 3% hydrogen peroxide.
2. Avoid Using Activated Charcoal in the Home.
3. Contact the ASPCA Poison Control Hotline.
They will provide you with professional advice and assistance in treating a potentially poisoned pet. I think the service is the most cost-effective option for animal poison control care. <tel:8884264435|(888) 426-4435>

Please do not hesitate to ask any further questions you may have. Thank you.