Q. She's itching a lot licking and itching her feet a lot she has sh
PWs how's your swelling and she's looking a lot in her back.
Create an account to access Dr. Deliman’s answer to this concern.
The vet's response to this question is only available to members of Dr.Tail Create a new account to access +100K cases in Dr.Tail.
- 24/7 priority consultations
- Analysis of the cause of the issue
- Home treatments and care tips
- Guidelines for vet visits
- Vet experts matched to your needs
Thank you for using our service. It sounds like your Shih Tzu may be experiencing some skin irritation or allergies. Licking and itching can be a sign of discomfort or irritation, and swelling could potentially indicate an allergic reaction.
Before seeking veterinary care, there are a few things you can try at home to help alleviate your dog's symptoms. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Keep your dog's skin and coat clean and well-groomed. This can help reduce the risk of skin irritation and infections.
2. Try to identify any potential allergens that may be causing your dog's symptoms. This could include things like food, environmental allergens (such as pollen or mold), or chemicals in cleaning products. If you suspect an allergy, try eliminating the allergen from your dog's environment to see if their symptoms improve.
3. Provide your dog with plenty of fresh water to help keep their skin hydrated.
4. Consider switching to a hypoallergenic or limited ingredient diet. This type of diet can be helpful for dogs with allergies or sensitivities.
If these home remedies do not seem to be helping your dog's symptoms, or if their symptoms are severe, it may be necessary to consult a veterinarian. A veterinarian can help determine the cause of your dog's symptoms and provide appropriate treatment.
If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to come back to us! Thank you.