Q. My dogs ate cinnamon raisin bagels

Dec 15, 2022

They are about 3 bagels
With raisins about 45
Mins ago

Create an account to access Dr. Deliman’s answer to this concern.

The vet's response to this question is only available to members of Dr.Tail Create a new account to access +100K cases in Dr.Tail.

  • 24/7 priority consultations
  • Analysis of the cause of the issue
  • Home treatments and care tips
  • Guidelines for vet visits
  • Vet experts matched to your needs
or continue with
Dr. Deliman

Thank you for using our service. It is important to be aware that raisins and grapes can be toxic to dogs, and ingestion of even a small amount can cause serious problems. Symptoms of raisin toxicity in dogs can include vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, and abdominal pain. In severe cases, raisin toxicity can lead to kidney failure.

In this case, it is important to monitor your dog closely for any symptoms of illness, and if you notice any vomiting or diarrhea, or if your dog seems lethargic or in pain, it is important to contact your veterinarian right away. Your veterinarian will be able to assess your dog's condition and recommend appropriate treatment.

In the meantime, you can try to encourage your dog to drink water to help flush the raisins out of their system. It is also a good idea to try to prevent your dog from eating any more raisins or grapes.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to come back to us! Thank you.