Q. He ate a 325mg Tylenol pm
He got a hold of a Tylenol pm pk that had two in it but he only at one the pk says it 325mg with both but he only ate one what should I do
Create an account to access Dr. Brown’s answer to this concern.
The vet's response to this question is only available to members of Dr.Tail Create a new account to access +100K cases in Dr.Tail.
- 24/7 priority consultations
- Analysis of the cause of the issue
- Home treatments and care tips
- Guidelines for vet visits
- Vet experts matched to your needs
Hello, I looked over the question you sent.
This is a case that requires an appointment with a veterinarian.
Tylenol contains acetaminophen, which is toxic to dogs.
Acetaminophen is generally considered toxic to dogs at doses above 30-50 mg per kilogram (13-22 mg per pound).
In particular, young puppies can be more sensitive.
Signs of toxicity such as gasping, abdominal pain, vomiting, bloody diarrhea, fever, drooling, anorexia, and lethargy may occur within 12 hours of ingestion. In severe cases, liver damage or anemia may occur. Observe him carefully for 48 hours and head to the ER if any strange behavior occurs.
Please do not hesitate to ask any further questions you may have. Thank you.
(The consultation type you select only determines whether or not your pet requires medical attention. If you require a detailed consultation, please ask questions without urgent mode.)