Q. Consumption of a grape

Sun, Dec 11, 2022

She is a golden doodle who says around 70 pounds and ate a single grape around 2 hours ago. No one is home to keep an eye on her so we don’t know if she showed symptoms.

Create an account to access Dr. Deliman’s answer to this concern.

The vet's response to this question is only available to members of Dr.Tail Create a new account to access +100K cases in Dr.Tail.

  • 24/7 priority consultations
  • Analysis of the cause of the issue
  • Home treatments and care tips
  • Guidelines for vet visits
  • Vet experts matched to your needs
or continue with
Dr. Deliman

Eating grapes can be toxic to dogs and can cause symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, and lethargy. It's best to keep grapes and raisins out of reach of dogs, as even small amounts can be harmful. If your dog has eaten a grape and is showing symptoms, it's important to contact your veterinarian right away. Your veterinarian will be able to provide advice on how to treat your dog and monitor her for any potential complications. It's also a good idea to try to prevent your dog from eating grapes in the future to avoid any potential health issues.