Q. Blood coming out mouth and nose Sleepy

Dec 14, 2022

He got outside and believe one of the neighbors poisoned him with antifreeze

Create an account to access Dr. Deliman’s answer to this concern.

The vet's response to this question is only available to members of Dr.Tail Create a new account to access +100K cases in Dr.Tail.

  • 24/7 priority consultations
  • Analysis of the cause of the issue
  • Home treatments and care tips
  • Guidelines for vet visits
  • Vet experts matched to your needs
or continue with
Dr. Deliman

Thank you for using our service.

Based on the symptoms you have described, it is possible that your cat has ingested antifreeze. Antifreeze contains ethylene glycol, which is highly toxic to cats and can cause serious health problems, including kidney failure.

If you suspect that your cat has ingested antifreeze, it is important to take immediate action. First, try to remove any remaining antifreeze from your cat's mouth. Then, contact your veterinarian or an emergency animal hospital right away. Do not induce vomiting unless instructed to do so by a veterinarian, as this can cause more harm than good.

In the meantime, you can try to keep your cat hydrated by offering small amounts of water or an electrolyte solution. However, it is important to note that these measures are not a substitute for veterinary care.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to come back to us! Thank you.