Ate part of a little Keebler chocolate fudge cookie

Not sure how much he ate
Should I make a vet appt?





Dr. Deliman




Common Problems

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

Because theobromine and caffeine are both present in chocolate, a pet should never eat anything related to chocolate. If your pet hasn’t eaten much and isn’t showing any signs of illness, it shouldn’t be a major concern. However, you must keep a close eye on your pet for the next 48 hours.

This is due to the fact that a pet’s susceptibility to ingesting harmful substances appears to be “individual.” Despite the fact that small amounts of chocolate appear to be harmless to some pets, other pets may be poisoned simply by licking. It is impossible to predict which pets will be more sensitive at this time.

As previously stated, your pet should be receiving decontamination in the ER at this time. However, because we are fully aware of the expense of the ER, keep a close eye on your pet at home for the next 48 hours. And if anything unusual occurs, go to the ER right away.

These are simple home remedies, but not solutions.
1. Use Hydrogen Peroxide to induce vomiting. The most important step is to get the chocolate out of your pet’s system before it is digested.
2. Contact the ASPCA Poison Control Hotline.
3. Avoid Using Activated Charcoal in the Home.

Please do not hesitate to ask any further questions you may have. Thank you.