menu-button
Dr.Tail

Ate a plant leaf that may be poisonous

Saint ate a dead Crassula (Jade plant or money plant) leaf. The leaf is about the size of a nickel. She has no symptoms yet
What are causes & treatment?

pet-image

Dog

Shih Tzu

vet-image

Dr. Brown

Veterinarian

Specialty

Vaccine

Respiratory & Nose

Thank you for reaching out to us. First of all, dogs who ingest Crassula Ovata(Jade Plant) are known to often show vomiting, ataxia, and respiratory problems. How is she doing at the moment? Still no symptoms? If so, you can hydrate her well and monitor her closely from home for the next 72 hours.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you whether she would be fine or not with certainty at the moment. This is because a pet’s susceptibility to ingesting harmful substances appears to be “individual.” Although small amounts of inappropriate plants appear to be harmless to some pets, other pets may be poisoned simply by licking. It is impossible to predict which canines will be more sensitive at this time.

If she shows any unusual or unprecedented behaviors/symptoms, please head directly to the ER.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to come back to us!

Thank you.