Q. Are something he wasnt supposed to

Others
thumbnail
Joker123
Sun, Aug 27, 2023

My dog ate some grapes. Maybe about 10 grapes from a bowl on the table. How do I make him throw up? Happened about 30 mins ago


Create an account to access Dr. Millden’s answer to this concern.

The vet's response to this question is only available to members of Dr.Tail Create a new account to access +100K cases in Dr.Tail.

  • 24/7 priority consultations
  • Analysis of the cause of the issue
  • Home treatments and care tips
  • Guidelines for vet visits
  • Vet experts matched to your needs
or continue with
vet-thumbnail
ONLINE
Dr. Millden
Veterinarian

I understand that you're concerned about your dog who ate a grape, and I'll do my best to guide you through this situation step by step.

First, let's talk about the potential risks associated with grape ingestion in dogs. Grapes, along with raisins, have been known to cause toxicity in some dogs. However, it's important to note that not all dogs will have the same reaction to grapes, and the severity of the reaction can vary. Some dogs may experience mild gastrointestinal upset, while others can develop more serious symptoms, such as kidney damage or failure.

So, I highly recommend taking him to the ER. If you already have symptoms, it's because the kidneys are damaged, so it's hard to turn around and you can die.

But if you can't take him to the ER, to induce vomiting, use less than 3% hydrogen peroxide. Mix it with some water and use it. The most important step is to get the grape out of your pet’s system before it is digested. However, this method may cause side effects of gastritis or esophagitis.

I sincerely wish him well. If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to come back to us! Thank you.